Monday, April 24, 2017

Following Footsteps

Elder Taylor is coming to take my place in Tulare. We had transfer calls this week and I am following the footsteps of Elder Speer, Elder Perkins, Elder Call, and Elder Oliver and going North to Merced. I'll be a Zone Leader there with Elder Gray. It should be a lot of fun. They are completely taking out the Tulare Sisters, so Elder Thornton and Elder Taylor will cover the whole of Tulare. Elder Taylor was trained by Elder Perkins. 
This week I went on Exchanges with Elder Derbidge. It rained down in the Lindsay, but it was a pretty fun exchange. I got to do another Baptismal interview. I had another one on Wednesday as well, and I could have easily had more baptismal interviews, but some people drank coffee.
We had another crazy week as far as work goes. We found 11 new investigators. I'll miss the team up structure that exists in Tulare. It helps things be more productive.
On Friday we went to a wedding for a pair of the Sister missionaries' investigators. It was the first time I've actually seen people get married I think. We got some strawberries from the Zone Leaders, actually from Brother Chandler in Porterville. They were good. 
Elder Frausto is killing it in DC. He has already had some baptisms. 
We randomly had a former investigator named Kennedy come to church on Sunday. 
I have really been focusing on helping my investigators see why the gospel of Jesus Christ is important for them on a personal level. In my studies I have been studying all of the scriptures related to Jesus Christ Atonement Through. It has been neat to learn more about his Atonement.
I really loved being a Zone leader, and I loved all of the opportunities to minister to my district. Now I will be able to minister to district Leaders instead.
This Sunday we are having a combined MLC/DLC meeting with Elder Brent Nielson, the director of missionary work and a 70. I am super excited.
I'll tell you how the Merced is.
I'll miss the old Tulare and all of the dairy stuff over here.
Love,
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment