Monday, May 1, 2017

The Elvis of the Hmong world went to my Junior High

True story. We ate dinner at his house. Elder Gray ate a Habernaro and it was hilarious. My Hmong name is Keej lee  (pronounced like gangly but with a K in front). Look it up on Googlee. 
On Wednesday we went to the Zoo and an Emu pecked my hand. We were doing service. The Merced zoo is super tiny. It didn't hurt at all to get pecked, but it made me jump. We raked the pens.
One of the fun things about being a zone leader is that we get to have a truck. We had it for a day, but then we had to put it in the shop for some body work. There was a dent before I got here. We borrowed some of the other Elder's Corollas.
5 Am on Sunday we got up and then took off to the Fresno East Stake Center to a combined MLC/ DLC meeting with Elder Brent Nielson, the missionary director. IT was fantastic. He showed us some super cool videos and talked about what they are going to talk about at the New mission presidents seminar. We talked a lot about teaching all the time, and finding. The Provo Utah Mission is the highest baptizing mission in the world because the missionaries teach all of the time.
We also talked about how we can help members share the gospel over social media while we are with them at dinners, etc. We tried it out and it was pretty good. We used videos from Mormon.org.au They are sweet.
I already know basically all of the Elders in my zone, but I only know a couple of the Sister Missionaries. 
We have some super sweet investigators here in Merced. We have a lady named Gracie and her mom Olga that are both set to be baptized a week from Saturday. 
We have another investigator named Jim that goes to church every week. His baptismal date is all the way in July though.
We were able to find another great part member family this week.
One of the coolest things about serving in Merced is that I am related to about half of the ward, and I am actually living at my great great Uncle's home. I am also excited to have some Robisons in the ward. A lot of my companions have served in Merced before me.
The worst part of Merced is that my allergies came back. Hopefully they will go away again soon.

Being a Zone leader is fun. We go all over the place.
On Saturday we went to lake Yosemite and did some service there. We painted the ground. 
Elder Gray is a classic BYU student. He's good.
I left my camerea at our housing, but I'll see if I can get a good picture of Elder Gray.
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment