Monday, November 14, 2016

Tons of Teaching

I had a really great week this week. There were four days where we taught 7 lessons, so this week we taught more lessons than I ever have before. We found quite a few new investigators, and were finally able to teach the Faucet family. They are really awesome and understand a lot about the gospel. They didn't make it to church this week though. The Martinez family has quite smoking, but it will be a challenge for them to hang on. We had an investigator named Kennedy that came to church and had a lot of fellowship, but she dropped us after seeing the commitment that she would have to make. 
We are doing a much better at teaching less active members as well, and I had a neat experience while teaching one. I was on a split because Elder Atkinson was is MCM, and Brother Van Herk and I taught Sister Galecia about the Atonement and the sacrament. She had never before understood the purpose of the Sacrament, and it really stuck with her. She came to church this Sunday.
We had a lot of random people come to church this Sunday. We had 4 investigators come, and then 3 or 4 new members came. Three came from Delano, and the Fourth had been going to the Spanish group. We also had one non-member come to Sacrament meeting, and then talk to the Bishop afterwards to try to get financial help. She disappeared afterwards.
My home ward boundaries were shuffled. I am in a new ward back home now. 
The new missionary in my district is named Elder James. He is from Utah, but lived in Northern California for a long time.
This week should be a pretty busy week. We have president interviews tomorrow, and I get to do my first baptismal interview on Wednesday.
Love,
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment