Monday, October 17, 2016

Fuel the find

I had a great week this week in Tulare.
On Monday our district meeting was a lot of fun. We didn't successfully communicate the location we would meet at to the Elders in Lindsay, Elder Lopez and Elder Derbidge, and they arrived around 40 minutes late. They were able to participate in the last training that I gave on using the Book of Mormon introduction to teach the restoration, but that was about it. They got to have a cookie still. We weren't able to do to much on Monday afterwards, but we did find a less active member that lives in Reedley's son.  
On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Matienzo, my favorite Bolivian. He has been doing very well in Tulare, probably the best in his mission. We had some good success, and found a new investigator, but we accidently bible bashed (sort of) a Jehovah's witness in Spanish.
On Wednesday I went to Fresno for District Leader council. That is one of my favorite meetings that I go to as a missionary. I was able to learn a lot of things to bless my district, and to be a better leader. We did some family History with Tonia when I got back. Not much happened in Tulare while I was gone. Tonia is set to be baptized on the 28th of October.
On Thursday we taught an old German lady, and were able to meet with the Cervantes family. They were going out of town for the weekend, and missed church.
I really learned a lot this week about prayer. I had a few neat experiences. I was joking around with the Sisters in my district telling them that they needed to find us a referral (I tell everyone to give us referrals, it works). They told me that I should just pray about it. On Saturday I prayed for a referral from the sisters, and also that we would be able to reach our goal for new investigators. On Saturday we found one new investigator, not quite the goal (still good though), and we didn't receive a referral from the sisters. The next day we were able to reach our goal of four new investigators (we found 5) and we were able to receive a referral from the Sisters. They had been visiting a member in Lindsay and dwm-ed her or something (basically asked her who had the Lord put in her head for us to teach). The member asked them if they had the phone number for the missionaries that were in Tulare west (us). She had a person for us to teach. We haven't received the call yet from the member, but the Sisters are following up today.
We were also able to teach the Martinez family with brother Cox. We taught them about being agents unto themselves. They came to church again, and are still working to quite smoking. They plan to be baptized on the 27th of this month, but will need to quit smoking first.
We also had Eddie come to church. He is doing pretty well.
Elder Keeley 

No comments:

Post a Comment