Monday, February 1, 2016

Raisin City

​​I have had a pretty fun week this week.
We went to the far away city of Raisin City to try and contact referrals. It was really hard to find addresses. I saw a really cool fence that I took pictures of, but I don't have my camera with me right now.
Another day we got stuck car hopping with Parlier. We don't have a car, and we need to travel to other cities that are far away. Sometimes we aren't able to find a team up, and we are forced to work with the Spanish Elders in their car. This use to not be a problem, but Elder Peterson is also injured so it lowers our effectiveness. 
I've been working this week on loving and honoring my leaders even when I don't agree with them. I have been working on humbling myself to learn from my leaders and not think negatively about them. I am doing a lot of praying to ask for god's help.
We were able to have a new family at church this week, the Allred Family. They are a PM family that we tried visiting as a last try of the city type thing while on a team up with Bert Engstrom. They had been talking about returning to church the day we saw them for the first time. They have an unbaptized 9 year old. They are awesome. They are working to have their baby blessed, their 9 year old baptized, and eventually being sealed in the Temple.
My email time is lower today because we went to the Sequoias again today, and then went to Hanford. The mountains got a lot of snow!
I'll make sure to send pictures next week, on Tuesday. We get to go to the Temple again.
I also got to go on exchanges with Elder Howard this week. He is a convert to the church, and really cool. We got to teach an awesome black guy.
love,
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment