Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 2

I have had a good second week out in the Lord's Vineyard. My companion and I set up a baptismal date with a man named Abel. Abel is a cool guy, who is willing to serve the lord. He has had two strokes, and has a speech problem, but he is really cool to talk to. His date is this Saturday or Sunday. We still need to clarify that. 
We are also working with a girl named Lia. We found her through her mom's boyfriend. She is friends with a member of our ward, and that has helped her a lot. She loves to hear about the gospel, and she is solid with her commitments. The only thing holding her back is that her mom didn't let her come to church. Hopefully we can meet her mom, and teach her as well.
The coolest story of this week was with a lady named Kim. All of her kids are baptized, but she couldn't be because she was living in the same apartment as her boyfriend. However, this week her boyfriend stole her dad's truck, and drove without a license into a hit and run. He was also on parole at the time. The truck was destroyed, but he jumped into a black car. Hopefully, that will keep him out of the picture, but at the moment, he is hiding out in the apartment again. Kim's father will press charges once the police find him. It was really good, and we set a baptismal date, but then it was disappointing when we found that he was hiding out at the apartment. 
It was fun to play soccer on preparation day with all the elders from Argentina and Mexico. They are really really good. I scored two goals, but I am really bad in comparison to them. Here's a better picture of what my hair really looks like.

Here was my whole MTC district:

I don't really bring my camera around all over the place, and it's batteries don't last very long. I am already out of email time for this week. Tell all the priests that are left to go on missions. 

I love you all,
Elder Keeley

PS: Sister Crowther say's that she will be able to go on a mission during October. That's fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment