Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The first week of the MTC

My email address is andrew.keeley@myldsmail.org In case you want to send me an email.
Here is my address if you want to send a letter or package: 
Elder Andrew Paul Keeley
SEP09  CA-FRE
2005 N 900 E Unit  30
Provo UT 84602

My first week at the MTC has been incredible, I've loved it. My bishop told me that the MTC would be the worst part of my mission, and while that might end up being true, I have been having a great time here. 
I spend most of my day in my class room with my District, role-playing and learning how to be a better missionary. We have 4 sisters and 6 elders including me. Half of us are going to Fresno California, and the other half is going to Houston South. 

My companion's name is Elder Gardner, he is a rancher/ farm boy from a small town in Idaho. He is pretty good to be with, but sometimes he is a little quiet. I am already great friends with my district, with all the Elder's and Sisters. Sometimes things get a little bit off topic, but it is generally not my fault.

The food is here is either pretty good, or pretty bad, usually the former for me. It isn't always very healthy though. 

My best experiences here at the MTC so far has definitely been the devotionals and teaching our research training center personal investigator. 

The first devotional I had was with Charles W. Dalquist II. He gave a great devotional where the Holy Ghost was very strong throughout. After his devotional I was able to watch Elder Bednar's The Character of Christ Christmas devotional. It taught me about how Christ turned outward instead of inward, and more importantly, that we need to remember times when we can feel the Holy Ghost. He taught with the Holy Ghost. We need to always try to become better, and learn about something new. 

For the second devotional I sang in the Choir, Lead Kindly light, you might see me if you watch the devotional. The speaker was none other than Elder Oaks and his wife, sot that was pretty cool. During the beginning of Elder Oaks talk I wasn't able to pay much attention, and I wasn't feeling the Holy Ghost as much as during the last devotional, so I felt like I should pray. I prayed that I would be able to feel the holy ghost, focus, and to know which direction I should take my next lesson with my RTC PI, between the Book of Mormon and the Plan of Salvation, and all my prayer was answered. Elder Oaks taught that we need to lay down the plan of salvation as a foundation, I felt the Holy Ghost very Strongly, and I was able to be awake and pay attention. 

It's been good. I'm not even that tired yet.
Elder Keeley 

No comments:

Post a Comment