Monday, August 14, 2017

Olga's Baptism

I had a good week this week as well. This week I got to go up to Olga's baptism. 
Olga's baptism was super cool! She had a ton of spiritual experiences to get to the waters of baptism. I also learned that Keith is doing really well up there, and found a place to live. He might get baptized sometime in the coming weeks.
In the YSA we had some good adventures as well. On Saturday Elder Strommen, Kloepfer and I had the opportunity to help out at the multi stake YSA conference, and we helped all of the YSA do the #bookofmormonchallenge. I got to meet President Gelwix, he is a really cool person.
I also go to see Lydia Scott and Mark Modesto this week, I haven't seen both of them for a long time.
We started teaching a girl named Jessica this week as well. Her Brother was baptized a little more than two years ago, and is currently on a mission to India. She kind of just lost contact with the missionaries.
We also started teaching Savannah this week. She was taught by Elder Sparks in Heritage ward. Our Investigator Evin came to church for the first time this week, but we will have to hand him off to the Fresno East missionaries, because he lives outside of our stake.
Manny is still chugging along at his own pace. Cecilia is all set to go to the temple in about a week.
OH! We also had Zone Conference this week. I gave my departing missionary testimony. It was a neat experience as well. I bore a simple testimony about some of the core doctrine of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Christ paid the price for our sins, and that he lives again. I know that he is the son of God. I know that God loves us and hears and answers our prayers. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and that this really is the True church of Jesus Christ. I know that living the Gospel brings us lasting Joy.
We also had the opportunity this week to receive a blessing from our Bishop concerning missionary work.
Love,
Elder Keeley

Also: I didn't actually go down to Selma for KK's baptism last week because she was just 6 and 7 when I taught her, but I might go to Liza's when she get's baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment