Monday, March 27, 2017

Thunderstorms

We had a pretty good week. We taught a lot of lessons, and did a lot of work, but unfortunately we didn't have any investigators at church this Sunday. 
We had President Interviews in Lindsay. It was probably my favorite interview so far. I am a lot more comfortable getting interviewed now. It should help me later during job interviews.
Here is a good story. We got back to our apartment at about 9:12 because we had gotten out of an appointment and didn't want to risk using any more miles, so we started to walk around our neighborhood. We walked down the street and didn't see anyone, then we walked back and saw a Mexican cowboy. I called out to him and he walked up to us. He was sopping drunk and said he was locked out. He told us that he was homeless and that he just wanted his blanket. We walked down the street a little with him and he told us that he drunk a little bit sometimes. He was pretty wasted. A policeman came down the street with a spotlight. He saw us talking to the guy, but drove down to the house where we found him. We walked the homeless guy over there, and handed him over to the police. It was kind of funny, but also kind of sad.
The weather was crazy this week. We biked in the afternoon, and it was nice and cool outside. Then we drove in the evening and there were thunderstorms and rain. We were driving with a ward missionary and the weather was so crazy that we had to pull over for a minute. The whole sky turned orange. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture.
I have been studying all of the references to Jesus Christ in the Topical guide. I am up to Jesus Christ appearances Ante-mortal. As I have studied Christ I have grown in my understanding of him, and of how the doctrine that we have is tied together. It has been a good experience so far, and one that I highly recommend. It is interesting how the different Books of scripture highlight different aspects of who Christ is.
Love,
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment