Monday, March 20, 2017

All Cotton Picking afternoon

We had a lot of work hours this week. The other Elders in the ward moved down to Porterville, and because of that we have been able to go on splits almost every day of the week. We took over the old Elder's apartment. it isn't as nice as our old one, but the location is a little bit more central. We are right next to Elder Matienzo and Elder Mendez. 
My whole district is actually doing incredibly well right now. Everyone is finding and teaching a ton. Investigators are coming to church and the work is hastening.
We had a special opps missionary with us for the weekend, and it turned out to be Elder Bradshaw. He is the same person that went out with Elder Smith and I a year ago in Selma. What are the odds of that? We had a lot of fun with him. I'd be driving, see someone and pull up next to them, and roll Elder Bradshaw's Window down so that he could contact them. Everyone he talked to was out of the World nice. "Are you the Mormon's? I love the Mormons!" " I love Jesus, you can come back anytime!" 
One of my favorite investigators right now is named Oz. I might have talked about him before. I taught him with a priest on splits yesterday. We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ. We really focused on the Atonement, repentance and baptism. We had him read the paragraph on acknowledge the Savior and he said, "This is me, this is what I want. I want to repent." Oz has been a great example of someone that has made dramatic changes as we have read the Book of Mormon. The way that he looks has changes, the way that he talks has changes, he does more work around the house, and cleaning. Almost everything is better. As we talked about the Holy Ghost, he said those feelings are things that I feel a lot. I don't always act on them, but I am trying. He brought up his baptism date, and we helped him set a new one. He had a rough past full of drugs and other hardships. 
Here is my new companion Elder Thornton. He is 6'5". 
We spent a lot of time cleaning and reorganizing our new apartment. It became way better. We got a new shower head and everything.
Here is Elder Thornton.
We also went biking this week. It is very hot over here already. It brought back memories of the Selma. I am able to talk to the missionaries in Selma sometimes because they work with some of the Sisters in my district.​
Love,
Elder Keeley



Virus-free. www.avast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment