Monday, August 1, 2016

Zone Conference and Leo

I had a good week this week. On Monday Elder Mangum and I went out biking, and he got two flat tires. Goat heads are the enemy. I have been lucky so far with no flat tires. We taught a member home lesson. The next day Elder Strommen and I went on exchanges. It was really fun teaching in Spanish with him.We taught a lot of people. I like Elder Strommen. Wednesday Elder Mangum wasn't feeling well, so we did a lot of planning and preparation for MCM. We taught one lesson with Brother Smeaton, who returned from his surgery.
I thought that Zone Conference was fantastic. I felt the spirit a lot, and learned a lot, and it changed the way that I teach the restoration. It made me more excited to teach it. I teach it show that God still talks to us, and that he can answer our prayers.
I went on Splits with a 19 year old named Leo from the Spanish Branch the next few days. I think that it was really good for him, and got him fired up to be a missionary. We found two new investigators together and one of them came to church. His name is Fernando. He is from Georgia and is really polite.
We had a powerful lesson with the Zamora family where we learned of some of their concerns. We had the Robisons and the Hammonds there. The spirit was very strong. The two younger Zamora boys most likely will not receive permission to be baptized anytime soon, but we should baptize Kevin in August or September. He finally read his scriptures like he should. 
In an effort to help the people that we teach come to church, I have been studying page 20 of the 12 weeks book, revelation through church attendance. It has 6 main reasons for why we go to church. I think there is really 7.
They are: 
To partake of the sacrament and renew the covenant of baptism. For those who aren't baptized it is good practice, and gives them a chance to reflect on the Atonement.
To show our faith in the commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy.
To receive the promised blessings from keeping the Sabbath day holy.
To learn and build our testimony as we are taught the gospel.
To receive revelation from the spirit that is found at church.
To build fellowship and learn from other's testimonies.

The other one that I think is key is that:
It gives us a chance to serve and build our conversion by helping and teaching others.

It is cooling down quite a bit this week. The air quality is awful. 
The Dinuba missionaries had a baptism on Saturday for some people that are coming into the English ward. 
I got to be in the confirmation circle even though I don't know them that well. Elder Arebalo called me up to hold the mike, but the Bishop gave it to the executive clerk and I joined the circle instead. It is a neat feeling and a great privilege.

Love,
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment