Monday, April 18, 2016

New stuff

I had a fantastic week this week.
at the beginning of the week Elder Smith and I visited Irene with Minerva and Brother Joe Johnson. We had a powerful lesson on family history and temples that turned into a lesson on the word of wisdom.
Tuesday was tranfers. Elder Smith went off to Porterville, and I went off to Peachwood, in Fresno and Clovis with Elder Muir and Elder Kennick. One of the most things about training is the couple of days that are spent in a different area. I had the oppurtunity to go to the temple on Wednesday and then prepare for training. We played basketball with the Elders Quorem and some investigators up in Fresno. It was a fun time.
We went to the mission office to meet our new companions. I got the one and only Elder Mountford. He is an awesome missionary. He is super obedient, humble, and is full of faith.
We had a baptism interview on Thursday, and then a baptism on Saturday. It was an awesome baptism. We had members from two different wards, and we had our stake president there as well. The spirit was really strong as several people bore their testimonies. I had the oppurtunity to be the voice in the confirmation the next day. 
Veronica Gayton came to church again, and that was awesome as well.
We also got a car! It is really new, and it gets us where we want to go. 
Everything is going well. I feel like missionary work in Selma is about to explode again. Hopefully our investigator Irene will come to church soon, so that she can be baptized.
I have been learning a lot about obedience to procedures, and how that is related to humility. I have been doing my best to teach Elder Mountford the way that the General authorities have taught us to train.
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment